Summer Discovery Safety Protocols
With Summer Discovery just weeks away, we are preparing for exciting learning experiences while keeping our students’ health and safety at the forefront.
New School Health Guidance - Summer 2021 was released by the Springfield - Greene County Health Department this week. Springfield City Council voted to drop the masking ordinance on May 27th at 11:59 pm. With this updated guidance, Willard Schools will practice the following safety protocols starting May 28 and for Summer Discovery beginning June 7th.
*NO masking is required for outdoor events, effective immediately.
These protocols are subject to change at any time, due to updated guidance, local COVID-19 data, or additional information that could impact student learning.
Summer Discovery Safety Protocols:
- Facial coverings or masks will be optional for Summer Discovery attendees and staff.
- Because masking will be optional, normal quarantine guidelines will apply to all students and staff that are considered a close contact of an individual that tests positive COVID-19. This means students and staff considered a close contact will be quarantined for 10 days. If the student or staff tests negative for COVID-19 after quarantine day 5, he or she may return after day 7.
- If students or staff are fully vaccinated, they are not required to quarantine.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged.
- Social distancing will be encouraged when able.
- Students or staff that are not feeling well are encouraged to stay home.
While we look forward to an exciting summer of learning, we will continue to do our part to keep our Willard family healthy!
Again, please keep in mind that these protocols are subject to change at any time so our students have the best opportunity to continue learning throughout the summer.
Thank you for your continued partnership,