What is Canvas?
Canvas is our Learning Management System. Parents can sign up for a free account in order to view the resources and activities posted in their child’s courses that are available on Canvas. You can also install the Canvas app on your mobile devices. Enter willardschools in the Find your school or district field and then tap the arrow when logging in for the first time.
Parent accounts can:
- Read announcements, view the calendar, and see the course syllabus.
- Access a list of assignments with due dates.
- See your child's assignments, but not his/her discussion posts
- View your child’s scores on assignments in Canvas. Course grades will continue to be published in SIS.
- Use the Inbox to contact the teacher.
- Set up notifications to get emails or texts for announcements, assignments, etc.
- View the instructional content in the course.
Please see the Student Records Portal to see all your student’s scores and grade for a course.You may notice that there is no course grade displayed in Canvas, but if there is please note that it does not indicate the student’s current grade for that course. It only includes the scores for assignments completed in Canvas. Not all assignments are completed in Canvas.