What is Canvas?
Canvas is our Learning Management System. Parents can sign up for a free account in order to view the resources and activities posted in their child’s courses that are available on Canvas. You can access our Canvas by using a browser on a computer, or by installing the Canvas Parent app on your mobile device.
Parent accounts can:
- Read announcements, view the calendar, and see the course syllabus.
- Access a list of assignments with due dates.
- See your child's assignments, but not his/her discussion posts
- View your child’s scores on assignments in Canvas. Course grades will continue to be published in SIS.
- Use the Inbox to contact the teacher.
- Set up notifications to get emails or texts for announcements, assignments, etc.
- View the instructional content in the course.
Canvas Guides for Parents
Guides for using Willard's Canvas Website
Before creating your account at Willard's Canvas Website, you will need a pairing code from your student. The guide below on signing up shows how your student can find that code in their Canvas account.
- How do I sign up for a free Parent account?
- How do I set my Notification Preferences?
- How do I edit my Profile?
- What can an observer do in Canvas?
- How do I view the Grades page for my child?
- How do I navigate a Canvas course?
- How do I link my account to ANOTHER child?
- How do I change the language preference in my user account?
- As a parent of a Middle School Student, how do I view my student's progress in course?
- VIDEO TUTORIAL: Parent Pointers: Monitoring Your Child’s Learning with an Observer Account
Guides for using the Canvas Parent Mobile App
If you do not have a Canvas account, after installing the app you will need a pairing code from your child in order to create your account with the mobile app.
- Canvas Parent App Overview Video
- How does my child generate a pairing code for me to use when creating my account?
- How do I install and set up the Canvas Parent Mobile App?
If you already have a Canvas account linked to your child and just want to start using the mobile app, after installing the app, tap the Find my School button enter willardschools (yes, no spaces). You can then enter your existing credentials to log in.
Please see the Student Records Portal to see all your student’s scores and grade for a course.You may notice that there is no course grade displayed in Canvas, but if there is please note that it does not indicate the student’s current grade for that course. It only includes the scores for assignments completed in Canvas. Not all assignments are completed in Canvas.