Health Forms and Files
Illness At School
In the event a student should become ill while at school, they will be referred to our school nurse. If the nurse feels the child needs to go home, parents will be contacted and are responsible for having their child picked up from school.Students should not attend school, and shall be sent home, when one or more of the following conditions exist:
- Head Lice - No-Nit Policy: Students who have head lice/nits will be sent home. They are not to return to school until they have shown proof of receiving treatment and nit removal. The school nurse will work closely with parent/guardian to give appropriate instruction on care of head lice.
- Scabies - Students will be sent home. They may not return until proof of treatment.
- Chicken Pox - Students may return to school 7-10 days after the onset of the rash and when lesions are crusted.
- Temperature - Students with a temperature of 100.0 will be sent home for at LEAST 24 hours or until free of temperature or temperature reducing medications, whichever is the longer period.
- Strep Throat - Students having strep throat should be home on medication 24 hours before returning to school (must be fever free for 24 hours also)
- Pink Eye - Students with symptoms of pink eye will be sent home. They may return to school when they have been on medication for 24 hours, or redness and drainage is gone, or have a doctor’s note.
- Diarrhea/Vomiting- Student will be sent home if more than 3 watery stools noted or deemed a possible communicable disease issue, or if the child cannot function in the classroom. Students should be kept home 24 hours after last episode of diarrhea or vomiting before returning to school.
NurseWillard Middle School417-742-2588NurseWillard Orchard Hills Elementary417-869-0600Nurse and Director of Health ServicesDistrict Office417-742-3524Nurse's Assist Willard IntermediateWillard North Elementary417-742-2597NurseWillard Central Elementary417-832-4440NurseWillard East Elementary417-742-4639NurseWillard South Elementary417-862-6308Nurse Willard NorthWillard Intermediate School417-742-4242Nurse's AssistantWillard High School417-742-3524