Willard Middle School is proud to present UNITE, a family and community volunteer initiative that focuses on uniting our school stakeholders in order to strengthen our student’s education experience. Check out this promotional video and FAQ for more information.
- Students gain positive role models from our community in the school setting.
- WMS gain an extra set of eyes and ears throughout the school.
- The presence of additional adults helps to encourage a positive atmosphere.
- Community members get a glimpse of the school setting for our WMS students.
- All volunteers gain a greater awareness of the impact they can have in the life of our youth.
WHO CAN JOIN UNITE
UNITE invites all parents and community members to join our volunteer program! Your expertise can be a positive influence for our WMS students. Get started now by following these steps:
- COMPLETE THE VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND FORM - be sure to select the following:school preferences "Willard Middle School", functions "Classroom Helper" only, organizations "none"
- READ AND COMPLETE THE CONFIDENTIALITY FORM
- RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM WMS TO CLEAR YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING
- AN EMAIL FROM WMS WILL BE SENT ONCE THE 3 STEPS ABOVE ARE COMPLETE!
HOW CAN YOU HELP
Here are a few volunteer opportunities:
- Hallway monitors
- Lunchroom monitors
- Door greeters
- Classroom clerical work for teachers (at school or home)
- Help at day and/or evening school events
- Work with small groups in the classroom
- Assist teachers with classroom activities
- Coordinate annual Field Day