Willard Public Schools is committed to returning to fully seated in-person learning on August 24th. Students will report to their schools full-time to receive in-person instruction and support. Students will be attending in-person unless parents specifically opt for a virtual learning path by July 31st. Parents will need to contact the district office (417-741-2584) to opt-in to the virtual option. Students who choose the virtual option, through Launch, will remain in the virtual learning environment for the entire semester. Find more information here.
**Virtual Learning enrollment is now closed.
Safe Learning Levels
General Procedures: The following guidelines will be in place for Willard Public Schools during the 2020-2021 school year, or until the COVID-19 pandemic subsides and normal procedures can be reinstated. These measures will be updated or changed as new information becomes available. These procedures will be followed to the extent possible given the unique circumstances of each school facility and procedures might look different across school sites. Decisions will be made in coordination with the Springfield-Greene County Health Department.
Goal: Our goal is to keep students and staff healthy and provide a safe learning environment to the best of our ability. This will be a synergistic effort among our students, staff, and families.
Level 1 Learning (current planned status for August 24, 2020 start)
- School operations will be as normal as possible (face-to-face)
- Social distancing will be encouraged at all times
- Facial coverings will be required for students grades 5-12 and all Willard staff and strongly encouraged for all students (PreK-4)
- Visitors to buildings will be limited and require pre-approval
- Hand washing/hand sanitizer will be available and frequently encouraged
If extenuating circumstances arise, there is opportunity for our District to implement level 2 or level 3 learning plans. Additional information will be provided if necessary.
Level 2 Learning
- Classes may take place online temporarily due to a rapid increase in number of local cases and/or higher than normal absence rates due to COVID
- Restrictions on school activities will be in place
- Capacity and attendance limits may be established for events or school activities
- No visitors in buildings (includes parents)
- Level 2 Learning may be applied to only one or more buildings, or the entire District
Level 3 Learning
- All classes are online and will follow the district’s Emergency Alternative Methods of Instruction plan
- Classwork done independently
- School buildings will be closed and only designated staff can enter
- All activities will be canceled or rescheduled
- Level 3 Learning would apply to the entire District