Bring Your Own Device Information
FAQs and Policy
Connect to TigerNet
To connect your device to the school's TigerNet wireless system you will first need to connect to the TigerNet network, then open a browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc) and log in using your Novell username and password Below are some help documents to guide you through the process.
- Connecting to TigerNet using Windows 10
- Connect to TigerNet using Windows 7
- Connecting to TigerNet using a Mac
See the Technician in the Tech Depot, room 155, if you need assistance connecting.
BYOD Free Software Downloads
- LockDown Browser for for use with Canvas when taking a quiz.
Logging into Novell gives you access to your H: folder on the school server where you can store files. At the start of a new school year, all student Novell passwords are reset.
- Your username is the first three letters of your first name, the first three letters of your last name and your birth day (for example, jangar17).
- Your starting password is: tigers
- If you are using your own device at school, you need to log into a school computer with your Novell username and new password and then change your password to something you can remember. You cannot change your Novell password when using your own device.
- If after 3 logins you have not changed your password, you will be locked out of the system.
Your school Google accounts includes your school email, Google Drive, Calendar, etc.
- Login at Google.com with your full school email address (email@example.com) and the password you used the last time you logged in. If you are a new student, your starter password for Google is: first three letters of your first name, first three letters of your last name, lunch pin (jangar654321)
- If you need your Google password reset, see Jolene in the Counseling Office.
CanvasCanvas is a Learning Management System that is used to distribute resources and assignments to students, collect assignments, host discussions, assign quizzes, provide feedback, and to provide a collaborative digital space for students working in groups.
- Log into Canvas with your Novell username and password.
- If you can't log into Canvas and need your Novell password reset, please see Jolene in the Counseling Office.
- Student Guide to using Lockdown Browser on a School Leased Chromebook
Access your current grades, attendance, lunch balance etc. by logging into the Student Portal for Student Records.
- Your username is your lunch pin (for example 2546) and your password is your birthdate (for example: 101798).
- If you've forgotten your lunch pin, you will need to see Jolene or Katrina in the Counseling Office.
- See the technician in the Tech Depot, Room 155, if you need assistance with your school provided laptop.
- If you've brought your own device, the technician can assist you with connecting to the school's wireless network, TigerNet.