Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) serves Willard students ages 3 through kindergarten entry that qualify for special servies support to best prepare them for their kindergarten journey and beyond. ECSE is a half day program Monday-Thursday hosted at Willard Orchard Hills Elementary and Willard North Elementary. If you believe that your child may not be reaching developmental milestones, reach out to Willard Schools Special Services office at 417-742-0930 to have your child tested.
ECSE Peer Model
A peer model student serves as a positive role model for children within our Early Childhood Special Education classroom environment. The model student should be considered “age-appropriate” in their development. These students should be able to model age-appropriate skills in ALL areas of development. There is no cost for children to participate in this program as peer models.
- Model students must be 3 years old by their first day of attendance (priority will be given to 4 year olds) and must be independent in toileting.
- Students that are eligible to be enrolled in kindergarten will not be eligible for the ECSE program.
- Children with active IEPs or significant delays in any area of development will not be considered for the reverse mainstream program.
- Model students may be released from the program at the discretion of the multidisciplinary team due to excessive (more than 10% of the time) absences/tardiness or disruptive and/or aggressive behavior.
- Transportation must be provided by a parent/caregiver for model students.