I looked back in my computer this morning and found my very first "Pride" article written July 16th, 2004! A portion of it is copied below:
"The Pride: I have started a new e-mailing list that will allow me and the other administrators to communicate with community members. I am calling the weekly up-date "The Pride". This is based on two things:
1. Tigers run in a family "pride". I believe that our community is in many ways an extended family. Therefore pride=community=family.
2. Pride also refers to the feeling that we have about our success in academics, athletics, activities, etc... "
Much has changed around Willard Public Schools over the past 13 years. (Growth in student enrollment, additional facilities, new curriculum, advance of technology, and many people.) I believe the most important things remain the same and have become even stronger. These include:
- The belief that our efforts have direct affect on young men and women. I believe these millennials are going to be a great generation!
- The belief that we are not only colleagues but also family. Willard Public Schools is a great place because of the sum of the parts and not any one person or group.
- The love and dedication that we have for each other and especially children.
I am eternally grateful for all the people that have been a part of my career! You have helped me to grow, encouraged and inspired me with your actions, and given me a gift of relationship that I can never repay. I have been allowed to be a fellow educator and work along some of the best and brightest people in the industry. My personal family and I have been blessed by this community, this public school district, this incredible family! Thank you for the love you have shared with us these past 14 years! Enjoy the journey, it goes fast!
Forever a Tiger!!!
Dr. Kent Medlin